After buying some Turkish Shortcake Biscuits from a shop, my mom asked me to look online for a recipe to make it at home. It took me two seconds and I found the following
recipe. My mom made them and they taste even better than the ones from the shop and they are cheaper as well! The Turkish name for them is “Kurabiyesi”
Try the recipe below and let me know how yours turned out. If you want some from me, send me an order (No jokes, they that good!)
- 250 ml unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (Icing Sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup powdered sugar
What to do :
- Cream the powdered sugar and vanilla with butter
- then slowly add the flour and baking powder.
- Make sure everything’s well mixed.
- Make chestnut sized balls with your hands.
- Put parchment paper on an oven tray and arrange them on it.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Immediately sprinkle some powdered sugar on top using a small strainer after you take them out of the oven.
Makes 18-20 pieces.